At the AfricaLics “Innovation and Development 5th Seminar Series”, Tuesday 26th April 2016 Prof. Izael Pereira Da Silva, Deputy Vice Chancellor of Academic & Student Affairs and Director of Strathmore Energy Research Centre (SERC) at Strathmore University discussed the lessons learned in connection with the establishment of SERC and their implications for development in Kenya and the East African region.
- The role of SERC as a competence centre for renewable energy in East Africa
- Experiences on the training of women on solar PV and entrepreneurship
- Experiences on the training of engineers on hybrid systems (PV/Diesel) and utility size grid-tie PV systems
- Experiences on the training of energy auditors through CEM and their accreditation by ERC
- Experiences of partnership with technical training institutes to build capacity in Kenya
- Experiences of cooperation with Development agencies.