Throughout the duration of the research project the IREK research team will be working on a variety of outputs ranging from working papers and journal articles, survey reports and policy briefs to presentations of ongoing work at different stages of the project.
IREK Journal articles
Hansen, U. E., Gregersen, C., Lema, R., Samoita, D., & Wandera, F. (2018). Technological shape and size: A disaggregated perspective on sectoral innovation systems in renewable electrification pathways. In Energy Research and Social Science. DOI: 10.1016/j.erss.2018.02.012
Lema, R., Hanlin, R., Hansen, U. E., & Nzila, C. (2018). Renewable Electrification and Local Capability Formation: Linkages and Interactive Learning. In Energy Policy. DOI: 10.1016/j.enpol.2018.02.011
Lema, R., Rabellotti, R. & Sampath, P.G. (2018). Innovation Trajectories in Developing Countries: Co-evolution of Global Value Chains and Innovation Systems. In The European Journal of Development Research. DOI:10.1057/s41287-018-0149-0
IREK Policy briefs
IREK Working paper series
Wandera, Faith H. (2018). Applying the innovation systems framework to the study of the small wind turbine sector in Kenya: A review and research agenda (IREK Working Paper No. 3). Copenhagen/Nairobi/Eldoret: AAU, ACTS and MU.
Tigabu, A., Kingiri, A., Wandera, F. H., Hanlin, R., Andersen, M. H., & Lema, R. (2017). Capability development and collaboration for Kenya’s solar and wind technologies: analysis of major energy policy frameworks (IREK Report No. 2). Copenhagen/Nairobi/Eldoret.
Hanlin, R., Kingiri, A., Tigabu, A., Lema, R., & Andersen, M. H. (2017). Collaboration and capabilities in Kenya’s wind and solar industries: perception of stakeholders (IREK Report No. 3). Copenhagen/Nairobi/Eldoret.
IREK Briefing notes
- IREK Briefing Note No. 1, February 2015
- IREK Briefing Note No. 2, May 2016
- IREK Briefing Note No. 3, February 2017
- IREK Briefing Note No. 4, June 2017
- IREK Briefing Note No. 5, March 2018
- IREK Briefing Note No. 6, March 2018
- Mapping of PV and Wind markets in Kenya: Current state and trends, Ulrich Elmer Hansen, January 2017
- The IREK project conceptual framework, Rasmus Lema, February 2017
- IREK: a study of technology transfer in renewable electrification AND inclusive structural change in Kenya, Rebecca Hanlin, March 2017
- Global technology collaboration, innovation and local capabilitites in the Kenyan wind industry, Cecilia Gregersen, March 2017
- Seminar: Best Practices – way forward: Innovation and Renewable Electrification in Kenya, Margrethe Holm Andersen, September, 2017
- Renewable electrification and local capability formation: linkages and interactive learning, Rasmus Lema, April 2018
- Overview of major energy policy frameworks and capabilities, Faith Odongo, March 2018
- A case for capability and collaboration building in the renewable energy sector, Ann Kingiri, March 2018
- South-South technology transfer: the role of China in the renewable energy sector in Africa, Ulrich Elmer Hansen & Rasmus Lema, June 2018
- Lundvall, B.Å. & Lema, R. (2016). Growth and Structural Change in Africa : Development Strategies for the Learning Economy. Sustainable Industrialization in Africa: Toward a New Development Agenda. ed. / Padmashree Gehl Sampath; Banji Oyelaran-Oyeyinka. Palgrave Macmillan, p. 113-138
- Hanlin, R. & Kaplinsky, R. (2016). South-South Trade in Capital Goods – The Market-Driven Diffussion of Appropriate Technology. In The European Journal of Development Research, July 2016, Volume 28, Issue 3, p. 361-378
- Jurowetzki, R., Lema, R. & Lundvall, B.Å. (2018) Combining Innovation Systems and Global Value Chains for Development: Towards a Research Agenda, In The European Journal of Development Research. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1057/s41287-018-0137-4